Thursday, April 28, 2011

A new trainer and a new prospect....

We are in full training mode swing now for the upcoming show season.

Our first show in 2 years is coming up.  We did not show last year because we were in full training with our trainer at the time, who was fantastic, and really really made us be able to move on to the trainer we are with today.  We started with this trainer about 6 weeks ago and we are improving rapidly.

Our trainer now is Gabriel.  That is all I will say.  Easier to say his first name than say, our trainer, all the time....

We are having a couple of practice runs, taking Tee to different barns in the area, that Gabriel trains horses at, so that Tee is not so excited when he goes to the show.  He needs to get out and get used to being in different areas.  It is very good for him.

Otherwise, we are having a huge amount of work done at our house, Landscaping......and as it turned out, the guy is also a huge horseman and he and his girlfriend own a Western Barn, not far from where I live.  As it also turns out, his girlfriend wants to learn some dressage.......she is a western rider, primarily, and wants to learn a little more about the discipline of dressage.

So I am going to give her a hand.....give some lessons..........

Now this is not something I ever thought of doing.  But I would love to do it.....I feel that I have a load of knowledge from my past trainer, Lisa, and my new trainer Gabriel that I can share with other riders.  The thing is, with my trainers, Lisa and Gabriel, they really only take on riders at a certain level, particularly Gabriel.  So, I can teach the newbies everything I am learning.....pass it on - eh?  

I am kinda excited about it.  Hope it all comes through!!!

But for today, it is off to the barn to work my butt off....

No comments:

Post a Comment