Saturday, April 16, 2011

Swimming!!!!!

My toddler is learning to swim......

This is really important to me, so that heaven forbid, should he ever fall into the water, he can get himself to the edge.

He does not need much encouragement to get into the water, he loves it.....but it is funny how kids heads work....

He is learning some stuff which is a bit scary, putting his head under, Pushing off from the edge to my arms and having to get there himself, kicking and paddling for all he is worth....

He is so brave but sometimes, he is not so keen....like learning to wear the goggles, which I am sure do not feel so great on his face, never mind stick his face in the water and blow bubbles....

But at the mention of a lollipop, all fears are forgotten, and he gives his best shot....

Now I is this a bit of bribery? Yes. Am I ashamed? No.

Amazing how his little head works....all fears forgotten, he sticks his head in that water with the goggles on and blows bubbles....

The first words out of his mouth when he comes up??? Face barely out of the water???

"Mummy, can I have my lollipop now?".....

My brave little lollipop loving pumpkin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment