Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sometimes you just have to stop.....

I am a firm believer in that......

That we run from the start of our days to the end of our days.....

There is always something to do and the lists of chores are endless.....

And just when you cross one thing off another one joins....just to spite us I am sure!!!

Then there is the endless tidying, cleaning and laundry....oh my gosh....so much laundry.....

Then there is the grocery shopping, bringing it home, putting it away......

Then there is the meal planning and the cooking.....

Then the cleaning and tidying after the meals.......

Never mind picking up the dry cleaning, dropping off the dry cleaning, the trips to the post office, the trips to the drug stores.....

Don't forget to fill up with gas along the way somewhere.......

So yesterday, after a morning of this running around, I decided to stop.

Just stop.

The barn could wait until today.

The rest of the cleaning, tidying and laundry could wait too.

So I stopped and I just hung out with my toddler....we played "toys".....

He loves to play "toys"....

Toy time is something that won't wait, and will not always be there.....

All the other stuff will be.

So I just stopped everything else.

And it was great.

Happy toddler, happy mummy, messy living room....and who really cares about that?

Not me.  Not yesterday.

So don't forget to every now and then, just stop and just let everything wait.  Go sit in your backyard and read a magazine, or just sit in that chair under the tree, finish working in the garden later....just enjoy it for now.....or just play with the kids....everything will get done.....

Just not right now.

Ahhhhhh feels so good.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to be better at this too. stopping from Mom Loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! They grow up so fast. Dishes will always be there...

    ReplyDelete