Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Week 3 of Mary Kay

OK,  So to bring you up to date, I have signed up, and gone to my first training with my Director, (a very nice woman) and I have my "starter kit" and I chose to buy some samples, brochures, bags etc, because I need to start a customer base.

She also has what is called "success nights".  These are actually a meeting of her team, the team of ladies she has created over 20 years, that she has brought on to sell Mary Kay.  This woman has been incredibly successful doing this.  She is very dedicated.  She is very personable.  She is like a mum, well she is a mum, but she is mum like, you feel instantly at ease with her.  Anyway, the success nights are very nice, a lovely get together with a bunch of ladies, who all have stories to tell.  Yes, it is all about giving each other a pat on the back and a pep talk, and who couldn't use that once a week????

I thought that a letter box drop would be a good way to start.  I know that personally, I like getting a sample of something, not just a brochure etc, so I decided to put together "goodie bags", which included a sample of one of the products (I chose hand cream and some skin care), and a brochure of all Mary Kay products, and my business card.

So far I have done 50 houses.  Took me not long at all.  I have to wait until I get the rest of my business cards, because they have not arrived yet.  So right now I am at a stand still.  I ordered them about 2 weeks ago, so I should get them soon.....I hope.

I figure I probably have to do about 250 houses.  I figure I can do at least 50 houses a week.

We will see.........

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! have you had any success with this?

    ReplyDelete