Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I hate needles...just h a t e them...

I hate getting them....I hate it when I have to have my son get his shots too - he is screaming,  I have tears streaming down my face because he is screaming....it is just brutal and I need a good stiff drink after the whole episode.  Just awful.

Well today my horse had to have a bunch of them....brutal.  Horses have to have them to keep them healthy just like us humans.  There are some nasty bugs out there that would love to hurt my other 4 legged baby.

He also has a bit of a sore back, so he had some steroids to fix the nasties....and he had to have his joint medicine too....

Oh how I hate needles.......

I am standing there holding him and he is as stiff as a board, being so brave, as the vet injected the bumps on his back that love to make his life miserable....they hurt, I know they do.  The bumps and the needles going into the bumps to make them go away....but it hurts, he is unhappy, his eyes are looking back, his ears are back and he is jumping around....because it hurts....and I hate hurting him....but he needs these to get better and feel better....

.....oh how I hate needles....

I also hate the sight of blood in needles....even the thought of it now makes me want to faint.....seriously....just as well I am sitting down right now or I may fall down......on my hard tile kitchen floor which would not be good because then they might have to take me to hospital and then they would have to give me.........needles........

ugh.

Anyway, the last of the needles was right into the vein....awful.....he was as good as gold,  and I felt sick.  

Oh how I hate needles....

But we got through it....my brave horse and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment