Monday, April 18, 2011

I think I have found a new workout....

Seriously....

I ache.  Now I am pretty fit.

But  my muscles ache.

Wielding a pick-ax and digging up the lawn has proven to be a very good exercise plan.

My back, my arms, my hands, my hamstrings....my stomach.....

So I think I have stumbled upon a new form of workout for us gals.....

Throw away those weights, throw away that treadmill, yoga mats....

Cancel those expensive gym memberships....

AND....

Just go grab the pick-ax and shovel out of the garage, take them into the yard, find somewhere you want to put in a new veggie patch, flower garden.....or just find something to dig up.....

And go for it.

With all your strength.....I mean, you should be grunting and pulling and fighting with these things....sweat dripping.....generally just kicking that soils butt....

And your body will thank you....after it has rested....and recovered.....

Your bank account will thank you for canceling the gym membership....

And your hubby's and boyfriends etc will thank you for the great tone you have now got due to all that hard physical labor.....

Your gardens will look great....

What are you waiting for?????

Oh my aching muscles.......I am going to go and soak them....

2 comments:

  1. Well I agree with you - esp. if I was about 20 years younger - I've been known to swing a pick axe AND a splitting maul and an axe. :) I'm a woman from Alaska! :) LOL!
    I did use a shovel today to dig up the ground for the potatoes to go into and the electric rototiller - it's a really small rototiller ... :)
    Ha - betta you than me ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bevy, by the sounds of your blog, after reading it, I think you are getting PLENTY of exercise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete