Sunday, May 1, 2011

Road Trip

Well we have a show coming up, so we are working very hard....I have to say my trainer, Gabriel, has me feeling far more confident. He took us on a road trip to the barn where he is a resident trainer on Friday, to see how Tee would go working at a new facility in different surroundings....

He was a star.....

Honestly, could not be more proud ofnhow he behaved himself. Just a really good boy.

But it also became clear to us that if we want to get to the levels we think we can compete in, then I need to be under Gabriel's watchful eye and to do that I need to be at the barn he is based at.

So we are moving. Well, Tee is moving.

I have to say I am excited for my horse....I want him to succeed....

It is my job to get him there, with training, feeding, care and attention, I have to give him all the best tools to be the best he can be.

I was talking to a lovely lady the other day who is a fellow rider, a very good rider, about a comment made to me about owning the biggest flashiest horses....I don't own the biggest flashiest horse. I own a lovely horse, yes, but he is not a huge European Warmblood....

But we both agreed, that you are far better off, becoming the rider, that no matter what horse you rode, you MADE it look like the biggest, flashiest horse.....

That is the rider I want to be....and that is what I am going to focus on....

No comments:

Post a Comment