Monday, May 9, 2011

Golf and Horse Shows.....

This weekend was pretty jam packed full of sports....

My hubby loves golf, so on Saturday we all went off golfing.....

My hubby plays....

My son and I drive the golf cart.....

In fact he just loves hanging out outside.....

It was a great day.....

My son holds the flag and daddy putts the ball.....

Beyond adorable how he wants to help.....

Great fun.  Love it.


Then on Sunday we had the horse show......

This is the first time we have competed in 2 years.  We have been completely focused on training....well re-training.....

We would have had some photos, but my poor son got himself all upset just as I entered the show ring, and my hubby was busy attending to him and could not take any photos....

My son wanted to come into the show ring too....

Too cute.

Tee was very excited and very very nervous.....so much going on, horse trailers, horses, people.....new place....so much to look at and not concentrate on his job.....

Never mind the judges booth at the end of the arena.....

He screeches to a dead stop....takes one look at the judges booth....starts trembling....heart pounding.....

Poor bloke....

But I have to say that he pulled it together....

At the end of the day we were placed 2nd with an OK score of 62%.  If anyone is a horse person, or dressage person, that is 62% on our 1st Level Test 3.  

I was very pleased with the way he got himself together and tried....

Not a bad effort for our first day out in two years.

Next show is on June 5th.  Practice, practice, practice.  I have to get him out now every month so that he gets used to the chaos of a horse show....

So he does not find it such an overwhelming event.

But yesterday he did just fine.  

Well done Tee.....we are proud of you and we will get there.......there are plenty of shows to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment