Monday, May 16, 2011

Gosh Gosh Gosh

Where do the days go???

I have to say I am pretty impressed with how my horse is coming along.  He has really settled into his new home and seems very happy and relaxed.....

We are working really really hard.....practice practice practice.....one step forward, two steps backward....but we are getting there.....

I watch my trainer and how he just sits in the saddle beautifully, even when a youngster is doing his best bucking bronco act to get him off.....he remains calm and just carries on like nothing happened.....I am sure the horse is thinking to himself "well OK then....THAT didn't work.....all that effort for nothin!!!".....

I gave my first lesson on Saturday and loved doing it.  I sincerely hope that I am able to pass on some of the knowledge I have learned in the past and am learning currently and help this rider get on the road to the dressage world......it would be nice to watch her get out there and compete and be bitten by the bug....

I really hope to do more lessons, and teach more students everything I am being taught.  Help them find their dressage partner...being a horse, if they don't have one.....and get out there and have a blast competing and learning.......

But today I am off to the barn to practice myself......to work on all the stuff me and my partner have to work on....to strive for that perfection that we look for each day.....the seat, the gaits, the movements.....to sweat and work our butts off....

All so that we can do the same thing again tomorrow.........

Get out there and get amongst it people....it is a beautiful day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment