Sunday, March 20, 2011

A long time....

I used to be so good about chatting on my blog, and then life just got so damn busy.  We moved from Jersey City to Woolwich Township, NJ.  We bought a house, we had to decorate and furnish the house, (which we are still in the process of doing) and we had to relocate our entire lives.

We had to move my beloved horse from my wonderful trainer, who had taken us to an entirely new level in the dressage world. She had also opened doors to training with wonderful top trainers at clinics where Tee, my horse, had excelled.  So moving him was hard, but we found a lovely small facility only 15 minutes from where I now live, which is ideal, as now I get to ride at least 5 times a week - poor Tee....he does need a couple of days off!!!     I have also now found a new trainer, who comes to my area 3 times a week, as he travels a LONG way, and I train with him now every week, picking up where my last trainer and I left off.

My son is loving his new home, he adores the space, is now every week he is in swimming lessons, goes to Little Gym and goes to Music School.  I try and keep him busy and give him lots of different activities considering the fact that he is not in any kind of daycare.  As well as all that, he is at the barn with me 5 days a week, I have a fab babysitter that comes with me, and she runs around with him and I ride Tee.

Life is now more busy than I ever imagined.   I truly try to keep my son in a schedule that he knows, as it sincerely seems to keep him happy knowing what he is doing each day.  I have to create a weekly chart for him, and put it on the wall, so that each day he sees what he is doing.  Another thing to do.   I also have to get his "school" room ready in the house, as I want to be able to work with him each day for 30 mins doing all sorts of stuff.  He already gets homework from his music school each week, which seems to make him very happy, as he thinks he is very grown up doing all this school work!!!  Wish I had had that attitude!!!

Being a mom is my number one priority.  I absolutely want to be the best mom to my son that I could ever be.  It is of huge importance to me. I love how close I am to my son.  I love that we are together and he is my little buddy.  I love to see how he grows and changes every day.

Riding comes a very close second.  It is my true passion.  It is not that I want to travel the globe competing (which cannot happen due to my life as a wife and mom), but I just want to ride beautifully.  I want to be one of those riders that people look at and watch because they are one with their horse.  If I could I would ride 10 hours a day.  No joke.  I just don't think my horse would like it much!!!

I also have a huge thing for Thoroughbreds.  I love them.  It is what I own and when I buy another, I will buy another Thoroughbred.  And I will train him, and I will ignore the critics, and he or she will excel, just like Tee has.  I ignored all my critics with him, and went to a fab trainer, and we have never looked back.  Once my son goes to school, and I have more time, I am really going to concentrate on getting the Thoroughbreds back into the sport horse world, that does NOT include racing.  They are natural born athletes, and for some reason, receive a bad rap.  Silly really.  Just nonsense.

So anyway, it is Sunday afternoon, I have just made my family a fab lunch, courtesy of The PioneerWoman, yes I am a fan of hers, as she has terrific recipes that I use and love,  I need all the inspiration I can get when I have to cook 6 days a week!!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment