Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Tuesday....

Every Tuesday morning  I take my son to swimming lessons....he loves it - he has gained so much confidence in the water.  It always amazes me how much kids try, they try and try and try.  When they are babies they desperately try to sit up and roll over....when they are a bit older they desperately try to pull themselves up onto their feet, when they finally walk, the trying and the tenacity just keeps flowing, trying to walk, trying to run, trying to climb, trying to talk.....they practice, practice, practice.

Every week, my little boy tries so hard to swim.  Kicking those legs and moving those arms and learning how to breath and not choke!!!  Learning to put his head under the water.....even though it is so hard and so "yukky" sometimes when he gets a nose full of water, he still tries.

A lesson for us adults eh?  Why do we give up on things so easily?

I have often wondered since becoming a mummy, who is teaching whom exactly???  Am I teaching him?  Or is he giving me life lessons every single day??

No comments:

Post a Comment