Thursday, April 16, 2009

The things they don't tell you.........

OK, so how many of you new mums/moms are waking up out there half way thru the night feeling like you have just taken a swim??????  

The first time this happened to me I thought I was dying.  Noone, I mean noone, mentioned this to me.  I mean people would be happy to tell me all the other disgusting horrible stuff you SOOOOO do not want to hear, I mean, toooooo much information, but do they mention or warn you that due to your hormones having a party, you will wake up drenched?  NOoooo.....  The first time this happened I thought I was getting sick.....then it happened again the next night....and again and again, so that is when I started doing the walk with the fingers on my keyboard....desperate to find an answer only to see that there were dozens of women out there asking the exact same question.

I went to this meeting at the hospital when I was pregnant - we had wanted to have a natural birth at the birthing center and to do this you had to go thru this day program with them....where they told me so much fun that I left there terrified, horrified and dreading the entire experience.....with all the yukky stuff they told me, they never mentioned anything about hormonal sweats....I wish someone had let me know, then I would not have been so worried about something that is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

So if you are waking up feeling like you just took a swim, you are FINE.  It is just another thing your poor body is doing to get back to normal.  Seriously, our bodies rock.  No, I mean it.  You need to look at your body and think, you rock!!!

You know what they also never told me???  How terrified I would be - not of raising him, not of being with him, but of how much you love this little parcel that is there looking at you, how it fills your heart and breaks it into a million pieces and how you just want to cry.....

If I can give you any advice, it is to lay back, ignore EVERYTHING except your new little bundle of love, and just relax and enjoy him or her.  Everything can wait.  Do not worry yourself with anything.  Just enjoy yourself.  I think us mums forget to do that.  Let the phone ring, or the washing wait, or whatever it is, it can wait.  Just take that time to enjoy yourself.  We forget to do that sometimes - and you know what?  We are allowed.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment