Sunday, April 26, 2009

Magazine ads these days.....are you kidding me???

OK so I am sitting here reading the current InStyle Mag.....and you have to be kidding me...What is going on with ads these days for clothes etc???  I mean did you see the ad for the H&M dress?  I am not sure what they are trying to do here - and forgive me, but I cannot imagine a woman designed this ad.....I mean the girl is dripping wet, the dress is hiked up around her butt, and she is coming out of the ocean......PULEASE.  What woman out there is going to do this?  This is a mans fantasy and it is just stupid.  It is not going to make me race out and buy the dress!!!!  Is it you???  

Then there is the Blue Water ad.  For goodness sake......I mean a chic lying back in a (yet again) wet shirt with a come hither look on her face.......now is this going to make me buy this scent????  Once again I cannot imagine a woman designing this ad.  Come on girls!!!  Where are our women advertising execs???  We need to kick these guys in the butt. 

I am sick of these ads.    Now the ad for Tresor is wonderful - Kate Winslet looks wonderful and it is classy and sexy - now that is a perfume I would buy.....not because of Kate Winslet but because of the way it is portrayed.  

Then you turn the page and are met with the Guess Ad.  Aye Aye Aye.  Do you want your daughter dressing like that?

I am not an old woman nor am I a prude.....but I think we are crossing the lines of decency everywhere.  When I was growing up - you NEVER saw ads like this.  Girls were empowered thru sport, education and self respect.  Guys never saw a women portrayed this way - it is not a good thing to teach our youngsters.

I just think that there has to be a line somewhere - and how do we draw it???


No comments:

Post a Comment