Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tailgaters.....

Why do people insist on tailgating????  Do they really think that if they sit so close to my butt that I can see the color of their eyes that I am going to drive faster?  What are they going to do - play bumper cars and push me along???  

I think of myself as a pretty considerate driver - I spend a lot of time in my car, and I always have my son with me, so I am pretty careful and aware of who is behind me and how close they are etc....for obvious reasons........

If I want to pass I pass and then get back in the right hand lane and let the faster traffic go.....but there is always some wiseguy that has to be on my butt.  I am so sick of it.   I mean I am in the right hand lane and clearly I am not going fast enough!!! 

 I do not sit on the speed limit - I usually drive over it or keep with the flow of traffic - but I don't drive like a lunatic.    I can be driving up to the toll gates and some guy will be right on my butt - I mean, what would he/she like me to do????   How fast is fast enough?  Some people just seem to like to ride on every single cars tail.....you know them, you have seen them....in and out of the traffic.... I get so annoyed by it.   You know the feeling, when you are driving long a road that is just a normal suburban road and someone is right on your tail.....I honestly want to stop and get out and ask them what they are doing!!!!

The other day I was driving home.  We were on a two lane road and there was traffic in both lanes.    I was in the right hand lane and a black Hummer was so close to my tail that I was nervous.  I could not see his headlights.  If I had to stop suddenly he would drive right into me - right into my son in the back seat.  He had nowhere to go.  I had nowhere to go - there was traffic - hello!!!  So anyway he swerves out of my lane from behind me and cuts into the lane beside me, then cuts me off and then goes back again.....you know the scene.....then he finally drives off like a madman.   Anyway I came up to the toll gates, and there he is in the CASH lane in a huge line of traffic waiting to pay the toll.....I have EZ Pass - and I slowed down to pass right by him, and the urge to stop, honk my horn and wave at him was UNBEARABLE!!!!!!  Oh how I wanted to wind down my window and say "HAHAHAHA SEE YA!!!!" and drive off.....but I was a good girl and just laughed all the way home!!!!

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Stop by my blog at Green Adoptions.com, I have something for you.

    ReplyDelete