Friday, May 8, 2009

This is my sisters property - 2000 acres about 1.5 hour drive from the closest town - and I mean a tiny town that consists of a school of about 20 students, a post office and a pub (of course).  It is in NSW, Australia.  We took this photo last Christmas....we were chasing a mob of Kangaroos on an ATV - (otherwise known here as a 3 or 4 wheeler) - awesome fun.....bloody things are so damn fast!!!  We were on a hill top.  Everything you see in this photo is her land.  You can get lost out there....if you lose sight of the homestead, it can be a bit scary.....They know the land like the back of their hands - but us????  Yeah right.....pulease!!!!!  
They are in serious drought.  I mean these are folks that go out and shoot their livestock so that they don't die of thirst.  Not kidding....With all the rain that NYC and New Jersey has had lately it makes me think of this dry and dusty land - so hot and so beautiful.  My sis is something else. She has 3 kids, 8, 6, and 3.  She runs 2 farms like this.  She is quite an inspiration.  She is always on the go.  
We head home to this gorgeous place in December.  It will be my son's first visit.  A very exciting time for me.    We will be having Christmas dinner in 100 degree heat in a little farmhouse in the middle of nowhere....AWESOME......My poor husband???  He will be having shearing lessons in he shearing shed.......no joke.....hahahahahaaaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment