Monday, May 18, 2009

This is my horse Joshua.  I called him Josh.  I bred him and broke him and trained him.  He was a wonderful loving, happy, eager to please, fun loving horse....He was a pure Arabian and he won at many many shows.  He was my friend.  During times of extreme darkness in my life he was there.  Always a friendly soft nose in my face....a nudge in my side, a look that would just make me laugh.....I swear I would get to the stables early in the morning for our ride, and during winter, when it was still dark outside, he would be all snuggled up under his blankets and laying down in his stable.  He would absolutely refuse to get up. No joke.  Would not budge.  I mean you could sit on this horse while he was laying down and he would just look at you as if to say "you can sit there all you like but I ain't gettin up"....  If I was late to feed him, he would push his butt up against the stable door so that I could not get in.  He would turn his head just enough so that I could see the disgust on his face.  Do you think he would move this butt???? No.........Not until he was ready.  No slapping that butt would move it.....I would just end up having to laugh.  He was simply teaching me a lesson.   Josh was one of those horses that would gallop up to you in an open field.  You would call him and his head would pop up and his ears would go forward and he would call out to you and come at you at a FULL GALLOP.....hahahahahaha.  It was truely an exercise only for the brave because he would gallop right up to you and then suddenly slam on the brakes so he did not hit you.....He thought this sooooooo funny.  Ah Josh.  When he passed away it broke my heart.  Our pets are our family - Yes??  What would we do without them...He was so wonderful in so many ways......I still miss him today.  Hopefully he is galloping around in a huge sunny field filled with wonderful green grass and lots of other happy horses to play with......oh and maybe a couple of human souls to mess with just for fun.......

No comments:

Post a Comment