Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This is my nephew and his "girlfriend" - they have been dating for a couple of years now ... this photo was taken at Jindabyne Rodeo - in Australia.  It was at Christmas time - I went home to Oz to visit my family - we went to this rodeo which was just great fun.  My nephew came over to my sister (his mum) and asked her for some money so he could buy his girlfriend some hot chips (otherwise known as fries)....which he promptly went off and bought!  They shared them as they watched the bull riding.  My husband called them and they turned and just smiled and he took this photo.  I love it.  Just the best.  Oh did I mention that they are 7???  Oh just adorable.  They have their wedding planned.  I am not kidding!!!!!

I cannot wait to take my little boy to the farm.  I cannot wait for him to see the Kangaroo's in the front "yard" when he wakes up in the morning......to go out and feed the chooks (chickens) in the morning......to watch the shearers shear the sheep and see the lambs playing.  It is going to be a blast.

When people ask me what I miss about Australia, these are the things I miss.  Hanging with my family just for the fun of it.....my nephews...my neice....my sisters.  The morning sounds.  The smell.    Don't get me wrong - I love where we live now.  We have a spectacular view over the Hudson River and on a day like today it is just sparkling in the sunshine.....the boats are coming and going - on a weekend all the sailboats are out and it is quite a sight to behold......in the evenings the sunsets are spectacular.  The sun bounces off the buildings and the water and turns everything golden.    Just beautiful.  Driving out to see my horse, it is just gorgeous at the moment.  Everything is so green and lush.  So opposite to where my sis lives....everything so dry - yet so beautiful.....

We live in such a beautiful world.  I am so excited to introduce my son to it all.  He has so much to look forward to!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment